General Credit Card Support
If you discover an unauthorized transaction on your account or if your card is lost or stolen, immediately contact Unitus by calling 503.227.5571 or 1.800.452.0900.
After business hours you can call 503.423.8315 or 1.800.422.3132 and choose option # 2.
A Secured Visa card is protected by a permanent hold placed on money in your savings account equal to one-and-a-half times the requested credit limit.
Unitus’ Secured Visa features low variable rates with no annual or cash advance fees, auto rental, emergency card replacement, zero liability for fraudulent charges, fraud protection and a Verified by Visa guarantee.
Our Visa Classic card offers you a low interest rate, no annual fees, and a 25 day, interest-free grace period. Visa Classic cards can even be used as overdraft protection on your checking account.
You can apply for a VISA Credit card by completing a loan application online or by contacting a Member Service Representative (MSR) by dialing 1-800-452-0900 and selecting option 1.
Instant Issue is a service that allows members to replace a lost, stolen or damaged credit/debit card instantly at any Unitus branch.
As a result of a recent court settlement between retailers and the credit card industry, merchants can now pass along their payment processing costs to consumers who pay with a credit card beginning January 27, 2013. Please be advised that a merchant who chooses to exercise this surcharge, sometimes referred to as a “checkout fee,” could subsequently increase your credit card purchase amount by as much as 4% (the maximum allowed).
Under the settlement:
- The surcharge cannot exceed the amount that the merchant actually pays to accept credit cards – normally between 1.5% and 3% of the transaction amount.
- Surcharges can be imposed on credit card transactions only, not on purchases made with debit cards or prepaid cards.
- Merchants must disclose the credit card surcharge clearly – at the store entrance and the point of sale or on the homepage if the merchant does business on the Internet.
- The disclosure must include the amount of the surcharge, the fact that the fee is being charged by the merchant, and that the fee does not exceed the merchant’s cost to accept credit cards.
- The dollar amount of the surcharge must appear on the transaction receipt.
Merchants are not allowed to impose a credit card surcharge in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma or Texas, where such fees are prohibited under state law.
Please note: This is not a Unitus fee and and cannot be disputed with Unitus. For more information, please contact us.
Contact us by phone
Main Phone Number
M-F 7:30a to 6:00p, Sat 7:30a to 4:00p
Contact us by email
Please note that when you’re sending us an email, do not include personal information such as your account number or social security number.