Investing in your future
Unitus 2019-2020 School Year Scholarships Program
To help members pursue additional education, Unitus offers scholarships to both graduating high school seniors and adult students seeking college education. Each scholarship is a one-time gift of $2,500 between these three categories:
- High School Seniors — Three scholarships
- Undergraduate Students — Two scholarships
- Overall Community Involvement — One scholarship based on outstanding community service and volunteerism
Important Application Dates
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Scholarship winners will be notified by: June 30, 2019
- Student applicant must be a primary member (first person named on account) of Unitus Community Credit Union for at least one year prior to application deadline. Accounts must be in good standing. Exceptions may be made if an immediate family member is an existing member and/or student is a joint member.
- Applicant must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time student (12 credits or more per semester/quarter) at an accredited institution (community college, 4-year college, university, or technical/vocational school) for the upcoming academic year.
- Applicant should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students, including past scholarship recipients, may reapply each year.
- Complete the application and essay question.
- Obtain a copy of your most recent official (no photocopies) school transcripts* showing the total cumulative GPA. Any official school transcript must be received in a sealed envelope in order to be considered.
- Include a copy of FAFSA on the Web confirmation page showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to be considered for the need-based scholarships.
*Official school transcript(s) can be received separately from the application. We suggest contacting your schools individually to determine how they send transcripts. Often times they are backlogged due to several requests so we suggest contacting them early so they can be mailed by the application deadline.
Application and supporting documents must be received or postmarked by April 30, 2019.
Unitus Community Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1937
Portland, OR 97207-1937
Please contact Aimee Berg, Community Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-423-8346.
Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship Award Recipients
Click here to see the complete list of winners and their bios.