Unitus Scholarship Program
Unitus Community Credit Union is pleased to offer scholarships to assist student members and child dependents and spouses/significant others of Unitus employees with the cost of higher education.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or national origin.
- Student applicant must be a member (primary or joint) or a spouse/significant other (residing at the same address); a dependent biological, step, or adoptive child; or a biological, step, or adoptive grandchild of a current Unitus Community Credit Union employee.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or graduate, or a current postsecondary undergraduate, who plans to enroll or is enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Students, including past scholarship recipients may reapply each year.
Up to seven (7) scholarships will be awarded. Each scholarship is a one-time gift of $2,500 for educational purposes. Recipients for all scholarships will be notified by May 1. Funds will be disbursed in one lump sum and sent directly to the student’s school financial aid office in early August.
Five General Scholarships
High School Seniors or Undergraduate students who are members of Unitus Community Credit Union may apply for this scholarship. Five scholarships in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded as follows:
- High School: Three scholarships
- Undergraduate: Two scholarships
Two Unitus Employee Scholarships
High school seniors or undergraduate students who are child dependents or a spouse/significant other of a current Unitus Community Credit Union employee may apply. Employee must be the student’s parent or legal guardian. Two scholarships in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded.
Interested students must complete the application and submit a current, complete official transcript of grades to Scholarship America no later than February 26. Applicants will receive acknowledgment of receipt of their application via email.
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated based on the information supplied.
Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by Scholarship America.
Congratulations to the 2019 Unitus Scholarship Winners!
Edwin L., Westview High School
Norah G., Lincoln High School
Tyanna H., Century High School
Cat L., University of Oregon
Nicole S., University of Oregon
Sally N., University of Oregon