Simply login to uOnline to check or redeem your points. Hover over ‘Services’. Then select ‘Unitus Rewards.’
(Please note: You will not be able to view the Unitus rewards information unless you disable pop-up blocking in your browser.)
Redeem Points for cash back, airline tickets, brand name merchandise, cruises & hotel stays, experiences and more.
When redeeming points for travel, remember to log into Unitus Rewards to use the rewards travel agency along with a Unitus Rewards credit card.
Points expire after 3 years on a first in, first out basis. Point values are subject to change without notice.
For every dollar you spend, you earn one Unitus Rewards Point.
By shopping our online network of top national and regional merchants, you can earn extra points. Shop these merchants with your Unitus Platinum Rewards card through our Ampre Online rewards program to earn extra points and enjoy exclusive discounts.
Instant Issue is a service that allows members to replace a lost, stolen or damaged credit/debit card instantly at any Unitus branch.
The mobile account will be locked after three (3) unsuccessful attempts. If your account has been locked because of too many password tries, it will automatically be unlocked after 60 minutes.
There is no monthly point cap on consumer or business credit cards.
A Secured Visa card is protected by a permanent hold placed on money in your savings account equal to one-and-a-half times the requested credit limit.
Unitus’ Secured Visa features low variable rates with no annual or cash advance fees, auto rental, emergency card replacement, zero liability for fraudulent charges, fraud protection and a Verified by Visa guarantee.
Our Visa Classic card offers you a low interest rate, no annual fees, and a 25 day, interest-free grace period. Visa Classic cards can even be used as overdraft protection on your checking account.
Please call 1.888.871.1681 with questions.
You can apply for a VISA Credit card by completing a loan application online or by contacting a Member Service Representative (MSR) by dialing 1-800-452-0900 and selecting option 1.
VAU enables the electronic exchange of updated card information (card number and expiration date changes) among participating issuers, acquirers and merchants that process Visa transactions using account-on-file data.
The Unitus Card Guard app offers a mobile application solution for iPhone, Android, and other handsets which includes Transaction Alerts, Card on/off controls, Visa Checkout Provisioning, and Mobile Location Confirmation. We have dedicated mobile apps downloadable through the app stores via the mobile phone as well as desktop web enrollment. The desktop enrollment functionality is limited to transaction alerts. If your mobile phone has a camera or games installed it should support the Unitus Card Guard app. To be compatible your mobile phone must:
- Have at least 64kb of free memory.
- OS Systems includes:
- Android 4.1 and above
- iOS 8.0 and above
- Be configured with the standard internet data connectivity setting for your network operator (GPRS or 3G). These settings are usually pre-installed when you buy the phone.
However, if you are unsure or you are having problems connecting to the Unitus Card Gard app please contact us for information on how to set this up.
- Tap “Forgot?” in the Password section of the Sign In screen.
- Enter the Username and tap Send Instructions.
- The cardholder will receive an email with a verification code.
- Enter the Verification Email Code in the Verify Email Address Screen.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter new password and confirm password.
- Tap Reset Password:
- The password must be 7-32 Alphanumeric and special characters.
- The password cannot be ascending or descending sequence (123456789, 987654321) and 1 digit cannot make up over half the password.
- You will be taken to the Sign in Screen.
No. VAU supports only card number and expiration date changes.
The updated card information will be sent to Visa when your card is re-issued or is part of a merchant compromise. Visa will provide updated card information, once the new card has been activated, so that card-on-file merchants can continue to provide you with uninterrupted service.
Yes it will! Chip cards may be preferred by some merchants, but current magnetic strip-only cards will continue to be accepted.
Enrollment is automatic. Unitus CCU will automatically enroll your account in VAU.
Not at this time. This is a valuable service that will allow for uninterrupted service of recurring payments.
- If you get an error when you try to use the Unitus Card Guard app there may be a problem with your phone settings.
- Service Unavailable error (or web service error) – we recommend that you try again later. Occasionally, we need to make changes to the service that requires a temporary halt in service.
- Network Unavailable error – we recommend that you try again later as you may likely be out of your network coverage.
- System Unavailable error – we recommend that you try again later. Network timeouts can be caused by a number of factors, such as:
- High usage of the wireless traffic carrier
- Poor signal strength
- Certain older phones with a slower version of GPRS (data service)
No. Because not all merchants participate in the VAU service, you will still need to notify each merchant when your card number or expiration date changes in order to permit recurring payments to continue to be charged to your account.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Tap on Create an Account
- Accept the Unitus Terms and Conditions.
- Full Name
- Email Address
- You will receive a verification code via SMS.
- Enter the activation code into the application where requested.
- Tap Continue.
- You will be asked to input some personal information, answer a few questions to verify identity.
- You must add a Card for the app to be considered active.
NOTE: The first card enrolled will become the default card that will be presented upon login each time.
- Tap Add Card.
- Once your card is added you can set up customized alerts and controls.
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can register your card(s) here. Simply follow the on screen instructions.
Chip cards provide a higher degree of security due to the chip which uses several measures to create a complex level of security making a chip card difficult to copy or counterfeit. International market migrations to EMV chip have proven the value of chip cards at reducing counterfeit fraud. Because of their complexity and use of dynamic transaction data, chip cards make counterfeit fraud a near impossibility. Adding these dynamic elements to transactions makes account data less attractive to steal and adds greater security to the payment system.
Yes, but the charges are likely to be significantly greater than if you were to use the service in the U.S. You will also need to ensure that your mobile phone allows “international roaming”. You can request the information on charge rates and international roaming from your mobile carrier.
Many features of a chip card are the same as a magnetic stripe card. Both cards include the card number, cardholder name and expiration date on the front and provide the three-digit security code on the back of the card. The key difference is the gold or silver-colored embedded chip on the front left side of the card.
A short code is a five or six-digit number that represents a certain destination. It is similar to a web address except for your phone. The short code for this mobile product is 868472 and 288472.
- Contact us and report your card as lost. A replacement card will be sent within a few working days. (Please refer to terms and conditions for more information on reporting lost cards.)
- You will need to delete the lost card from the service and add the details for the new card.
Chip cards provide a higher level of security in some countries because the encrypted chip uses several measures that create a complex level of security making a chip card difficult to copy or counterfeit.
EMV is an acronym for “Europay, Mastercard, Visa.” European nations worked with Visa and Mastercard to create chip cards, hence giving them the EMV name.
Yes, your new chip Visa card will be protected under the Visa Zero Liability policy.
The microchip embedded in the card stores information required to authenticate, authorize and process transactions. This is the same type of information already stored in the magnetic stripe. No personal information about your account is stored on the chip card.
As a result of a recent court settlement between retailers and the credit card industry, merchants can now pass along their payment processing costs to consumers who pay with a credit card beginning January 27, 2013. Please be advised that a merchant who chooses to exercise this surcharge, sometimes referred to as a “checkout fee,” could subsequently increase your credit card purchase amount by as much as 4% (the maximum allowed).
Under the settlement:
- The surcharge cannot exceed the amount that the merchant actually pays to accept credit cards – normally between 1.5% and 3% of the transaction amount.
- Surcharges can be imposed on credit card transactions only, not on purchases made with debit cards or prepaid cards.
- Merchants must disclose the credit card surcharge clearly – at the store entrance and the point of sale or on the homepage if the merchant does business on the Internet.
- The disclosure must include the amount of the surcharge, the fact that the fee is being charged by the merchant, and that the fee does not exceed the merchant’s cost to accept credit cards.
- The dollar amount of the surcharge must appear on the transaction receipt.
Merchants are not allowed to impose a credit card surcharge in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma or Texas, where such fees are prohibited under state law.
Please note: This is not a Unitus fee and and cannot be disputed with Unitus. For more information, please contact us.
The link inside the “forgot password” email is only active for 30 minutes. If you try to click on it after that time period, you’ll receive an error message. You will need to go through the “forgot password” process again to request another forgot password email.
They will continue to accept all debit and credit cards just as they do today.
- From the Menu tap Settings
- Tap Location Match
- Check the box next to the card(s) to enable location match for.
If you receive a new mobile number, please note the following: authentication of your handset will need to be performed by using the email address in your original account setup.
- HELP Unitus Card Guard app – To request more information on the Unitus Card Guard app program.
- STOP Unitus Card Guard app – To stop service. (You will receive one last text message confirming receipt of the STOP text command.)
Unitus offers a wide range of Alerts that help you stay in control of your finances and keep your account safe from overdrafts and fraud. You can configure to receive alerts via text, e-mail, or push alerts* on your mobile device.
*Note: Push Alerts are only available to users that have an Android OS 3.0 or higher, iPhone OS 6.0 and have downloaded the mobile application.
If the application will not load on your phone, check your settings to make sure that your mobile device meets the minimum requirements to run the application or change your device settings to allow the downloading of applications.
The app can only be accessed from your mobile phone using your username and password or fingerprint. VISA regularly tests, updates and validates its security model to ensure they maintain a banking grade level of security. They also use recognized and independent security experts to validate the security of the app.
Consumer Transaction Controls allow you to suspend/reactivate any cards enrolled on the Unitus Card Guard app. When a card is suspended, any attempted transactions will be declined until it is reactivated.
The Unitus Card Guard mobile app is independent of the Unitus online/mobile banking app.
- Tap the Menu Drawer.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Cancel Service.
- You will receive a message indicating you must delete your cards to cancel your service.
- Tap View Cards.
- If you have multiple cards the app will take you to your secondary cards first. If there are none the app will take you to your primary card.
- Tap Remove Card.
- You will then go through the remove card process. Once you remove all cards you can cancel your service.
Mobile Location Confirmation (MLC) allows for geo-location intelligence to determine if your mobile device is in the same location as the merchant at the time of purchase.
When the data identifies that you and the merchant are in close proximity, it gives greater confidence to approve the transaction.
When a transaction is initiated, the merchant location will be compared to your mobile location device. Based on this analysis, a location match is derived and used to determine authorization.
- Tap the “+” next to Cards in the main screen.
- Tap on Cards.
- Add the Card Detail Information. Tap Add card.
- You will be taken back to the main app screen.
Each card will be set up with a nickname. By default, your nickname will be the last four digits for your card number.
However, you also have the option to establish a custom nickname. Once you create a custom nickname for your account, you must use this nickname to retrieve your card information. If you do not set up the nickname then you will simply need to enter the last four digits of your card number along with the desired TEXT command to get your card information.
Note: There are no spaces in the nickname.
- Tap the image of the card to suspend.
- Slide over the toggle to Suspend and confirm.
- To reactivate, tap the image of the suspended card (the word Reactivate appears over the image).
The Android and iPhone apps will run on their tablet counterparts; however, they are not optimized for viewing on those devices.
Yes, a cardholder can use up to 10 mobile devices.
- You must successfully enroll with the mobile service app then go into your menu drawer and tap Profile, tap Mobile Number, tap Plus sign next Phone numbers.
- Add the Phone Number and tap Save.
- Tap Confirm.
- You must wait for the verification email to be sent to your primary email address. When you receive the email, enter the verification code in the Verify Number Screen.
- Tap Continue to be taken to the main app screen.
The Unitus Card Guard app provides direct access to the Visa Checkout enrollment and management experience.
Your data is passed from the app to Visa Checkout to streamline enrollment. Visa Checkout is a digital payment service that allows you to skip entering in your card number and shipping address when making online purchases.
- If you do not change your mobile phone number and mobile device when you switch to a participating wireless carrier service, your service will work without interruption.
- If you do change your mobile device but not your phone number:
- Download the app to your new mobile device.
- You will be required by the application to authenticate as the device is a part of the authentication process.
If you entered the incorrect email address during enrollment, you will need to go through the ‘Create an Account’ process again using the correct email address.
- If you upgrade your mobile device, you will most likely keep your current mobile number with your new device.
- You can download a new application again and use your existing credentials to access your mobile account as part of the authentication process.
- If possible, delete the application from you old mobile phone before disposal.
You can manage your alerts, including how you want to receive your alerts, within the Unitus Card Guard app on your mobile phone or in the Alerts feature from the website.
Once you have registered and downloaded the application onto your mobile phone you will find the service in your applications, games menu, or in an icon that is placed on your screen.
- Report the loss to your mobile network operator who will block the phone and stop it from functioning.
- As long as your password remains secure, then it will protect you from fraudulent use of the Unitus Card Guard app.
- In addition, SMS notifications are a one-way communication to the mobile user and will not contain personally identifiable information.
- In most cases, you will keep your current mobile number when you receive your new mobile device. Once received, you can download a new application again and use your existing credentials to access your mobile account as part of the authentication process.
Yes, for security purposes after three (3) minutes of inactivity, the session will expire and you will need to login again.
The application can be downloaded again at any time from the App Store, Google Play, or by going back to Unitus’ website and choosing the appropriate mobile app.
- Confirm the device is set to accept text messages.
- If yes, is the service provider blocking their text messages for any reason?
Note: Alerts are sent when an authorization is sent to the card by the merchant. Generally, this is immediate but there will be occasions when the alerts will not be received immediately after the purchase due to the merchants’ method of processing transactions.
Contact us by phoneSee all contact information
Contact us by email
Please note that when you’re sending us an email, do not include personal information such as your account number or social security number.