Unitus Card Guard
The mobile account will be locked after three (3) unsuccessful attempts. If your account has been locked because of too many password tries, it will automatically be unlocked after 60 minutes.
The Unitus Card Guard app offers a mobile application solution for iPhone, Android, and other handsets which includes Transaction Alerts, Card on/off controls, Visa Checkout Provisioning, and Mobile Location Confirmation. We have dedicated mobile apps downloadable through the app stores via the mobile phone as well as desktop web enrollment. The desktop enrollment functionality is limited to transaction alerts. If your mobile phone has a camera or games installed it should support the Unitus Card Guard app. To be compatible your mobile phone must:
- Have at least 64kb of free memory.
- OS Systems includes:
- Android 4.1 and above
- iOS 8.0 and above
- Be configured with the standard internet data connectivity setting for your network operator (GPRS or 3G). These settings are usually pre-installed when you buy the phone.
However, if you are unsure or you are having problems connecting to the Unitus Card Gard app please contact us for information on how to set this up.
- Tap “Forgot?” in the Password section of the Sign In screen.
- Enter the Username and tap Send Instructions.
- The cardholder will receive an email with a verification code.
- Enter the Verification Email Code in the Verify Email Address Screen.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter new password and confirm password.
- Tap Reset Password:
- The password must be 7-32 Alphanumeric and special characters.
- The password cannot be ascending or descending sequence (123456789, 987654321) and 1 digit cannot make up over half the password.
- You will be taken to the Sign in Screen.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Tap on Create an Account
- Accept the Unitus Terms and Conditions.
- Full Name
- Email Address
- You will receive a verification code via SMS.
- Enter the activation code into the application where requested.
- Tap Continue.
- You will be asked to input some personal information, answer a few questions to verify identity.
- You must add a Card for the app to be considered active.
NOTE: The first card enrolled will become the default card that will be presented upon login each time.
- Tap Add Card.
- Once your card is added you can set up customized alerts and controls.
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can register your card(s) here. Simply follow the on screen instructions.
A short code is a five or six-digit number that represents a certain destination. It is similar to a web address except for your phone. The short code for this mobile product is 868472 and 288472.
Yes, but the charges are likely to be significantly greater than if you were to use the service in the U.S. You will also need to ensure that your mobile phone allows “international roaming”. You can request the information on charge rates and international roaming from your mobile carrier.
- Contact us and report your card as lost. A replacement card will be sent within a few working days. (Please refer to terms and conditions for more information on reporting lost cards.)
- You will need to delete the lost card from the service and add the details for the new card.
- From the Menu tap Settings
- Tap Location Match
- Check the box next to the card(s) to enable location match for.
If you receive a new mobile number, please note the following: authentication of your handset will need to be performed by using the email address in your original account setup.
The link inside the “forgot password” email is only active for 30 minutes. If you try to click on it after that time period, you’ll receive an error message. You will need to go through the “forgot password” process again to request another forgot password email.
The app can only be accessed from your mobile phone using your username and password or fingerprint. VISA regularly tests, updates and validates its security model to ensure they maintain a banking grade level of security. They also use recognized and independent security experts to validate the security of the app.
Consumer Transaction Controls allow you to suspend/reactivate any cards enrolled on the Unitus Card Guard app. When a card is suspended, any attempted transactions will be declined until it is reactivated.
Mobile Location Confirmation (MLC) allows for geo-location intelligence to determine if your mobile device is in the same location as the merchant at the time of purchase.
When the data identifies that you and the merchant are in close proximity, it gives greater confidence to approve the transaction.
When a transaction is initiated, the merchant location will be compared to your mobile location device. Based on this analysis, a location match is derived and used to determine authorization.
Each card will be set up with a nickname. By default, your nickname will be the last four digits for your card number.
However, you also have the option to establish a custom nickname. Once you create a custom nickname for your account, you must use this nickname to retrieve your card information. If you do not set up the nickname then you will simply need to enter the last four digits of your card number along with the desired TEXT command to get your card information.
Note: There are no spaces in the nickname.
The Unitus Card Guard mobile app is independent of the Unitus online/mobile banking app.
- HELP Unitus Card Guard app – To request more information on the Unitus Card Guard app program.
- STOP Unitus Card Guard app – To stop service. (You will receive one last text message confirming receipt of the STOP text command.)
- Tap the Menu Drawer.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Cancel Service.
- You will receive a message indicating you must delete your cards to cancel your service.
- Tap View Cards.
- If you have multiple cards the app will take you to your secondary cards first. If there are none the app will take you to your primary card.
- Tap Remove Card.
- You will then go through the remove card process. Once you remove all cards you can cancel your service.
The Unitus Card Guard app provides direct access to the Visa Checkout enrollment and management experience.
Your data is passed from the app to Visa Checkout to streamline enrollment. Visa Checkout is a digital payment service that allows you to skip entering in your card number and shipping address when making online purchases.
- If you get an error when you try to use the Unitus Card Guard app there may be a problem with your phone settings.
- Service Unavailable error (or web service error) – we recommend that you try again later. Occasionally, we need to make changes to the service that requires a temporary halt in service.
- Network Unavailable error – we recommend that you try again later as you may likely be out of your network coverage.
- System Unavailable error – we recommend that you try again later. Network timeouts can be caused by a number of factors, such as:
- High usage of the wireless traffic carrier
- Poor signal strength
- Certain older phones with a slower version of GPRS (data service)
If the application will not load on your phone, check your settings to make sure that your mobile device meets the minimum requirements to run the application or change your device settings to allow the downloading of applications.
- Tap the image of the card to suspend.
- Slide over the toggle to Suspend and confirm.
- To reactivate, tap the image of the suspended card (the word Reactivate appears over the image).
Unitus offers a wide range of Alerts that help you stay in control of your finances and keep your account safe from overdrafts and fraud. You can configure to receive alerts via text, e-mail, or push alerts* on your mobile device.
*Note: Push Alerts are only available to users that have an Android OS 3.0 or higher, iPhone OS 6.0 and have downloaded the mobile application.
Yes, a cardholder can use up to 10 mobile devices.
- You must successfully enroll with the mobile service app then go into your menu drawer and tap Profile, tap Mobile Number, tap Plus sign next Phone numbers.
- Add the Phone Number and tap Save.
- Tap Confirm.
- You must wait for the verification email to be sent to your primary email address. When you receive the email, enter the verification code in the Verify Number Screen.
- Tap Continue to be taken to the main app screen.
The Android and iPhone apps will run on their tablet counterparts; however, they are not optimized for viewing on those devices.
Once you have registered and downloaded the application onto your mobile phone you will find the service in your applications, games menu, or in an icon that is placed on your screen.
- Report the loss to your mobile network operator who will block the phone and stop it from functioning.
- As long as your password remains secure, then it will protect you from fraudulent use of the Unitus Card Guard app.
- In addition, SMS notifications are a one-way communication to the mobile user and will not contain personally identifiable information.
- In most cases, you will keep your current mobile number when you receive your new mobile device. Once received, you can download a new application again and use your existing credentials to access your mobile account as part of the authentication process.
- Tap the “+” next to Cards in the main screen.
- Tap on Cards.
- Add the Card Detail Information. Tap Add card.
- You will be taken back to the main app screen.
Yes, for security purposes after three (3) minutes of inactivity, the session will expire and you will need to login again.
The application can be downloaded again at any time from the App Store, Google Play, or by going back to Unitus’ website and choosing the appropriate mobile app.
If you entered the incorrect email address during enrollment, you will need to go through the ‘Create an Account’ process again using the correct email address.
- If you do not change your mobile phone number and mobile device when you switch to a participating wireless carrier service, your service will work without interruption.
- If you do change your mobile device but not your phone number:
- Download the app to your new mobile device.
- You will be required by the application to authenticate as the device is a part of the authentication process.
You can manage your alerts, including how you want to receive your alerts, within the Unitus Card Guard app on your mobile phone or in the Alerts feature from the website.
- Confirm the device is set to accept text messages.
- If yes, is the service provider blocking their text messages for any reason?
Note: Alerts are sent when an authorization is sent to the card by the merchant. Generally, this is immediate but there will be occasions when the alerts will not be received immediately after the purchase due to the merchants’ method of processing transactions.
- If you upgrade your mobile device, you will most likely keep your current mobile number with your new device.
- You can download a new application again and use your existing credentials to access your mobile account as part of the authentication process.
- If possible, delete the application from you old mobile phone before disposal.
Contact us by phone
Main Phone Number
M-F 7:30a to 6:00p, Sat 7:30a to 4:00p
Contact us by email
Please note that when you’re sending us an email, do not include personal information such as your account number or social security number.