How Unitus Protects You
|Wendy's Security Breach - July 2016|
The safety and security of member information is a top priority at Unitus. We are actively monitoring the Wendy’s Breach and our members’ accounts for any unusual activity. We are also working with Visa and closely following Wendy’s website for the release of any updates.
Having compromised account data does not necessarily mean that fraud will occur. If you used your Unitus debit or credit card at Wendy’s from 12/1/15 – 6/10/16, we strongly encourage you to monitor your account history and contact us immediately if you notice any suspicious activity.
We are reissuing credit and debit cards that have been specifically identified as having a high probability of risk. Impacted members are being notified in advance of their card being reissued to avoid unnecessary service impacts.
Unitus utilizes some of the most sophisticated real time fraud monitoring programs in the industry. Rest assured that our cardholders are protected with Visa's Zero Liability Protection. That means you pay nothing for unauthorized transactions on your account if you report them to us within 60 days of your statement mailing date.Help Protect Yourself
Though we regularly monitor member accounts for unusual activity, we strongly encourage members to sign up for email alerts as well as check their accounts using uOnline, Mobile Banking, and Telephone Banking. Review this page to help prevent fraud and contact us if you need assistance setting up alerts on your account.
Unitus Community Credit Union adheres to a strict information security policy designed to protect the security and confidentiality of your financial and personal information. The Board of Directors has established policies that provide explicit direction for securing your information and the assets of the organization. The Board has also issued a "Standards of Business Conduct" policy requiring a high level of integrity, honesty, and fairness by its employees, third-party vendors, and other persons and entities associated with Credit Union operations.
The security of your personal information is of the utmost importance to the Credit Union. We have state-of-the-art systems to secure our computer servers and networks, and several additional layers of security to ensure your personal and account information remains safe and secure. Listed below you'll find information about some of the measures we have in place. Of course, there are details that we can't provide in order to maintain the integrity of our security systems.
- Firewalls protect our network from outside intrusion by state-of-the-art redundant and load-balanced firewalls preventing non-authorized access to our internal systems.
- Secure transmissions ensure that information remains confidential. Encryption technology protects data in the following ways:
- Authentication ensures that you are communicating with us and prevents a computer from impersonating Unitus.
- Confidentiality is maintained by using encryption to scramble your data so it cannot be read by an unauthorized party.
- Data Integrity verifies that the information you send to us is not altered during the transmission.
- Computer anti-virus protection detects and prevents viruses from entering our network systems.
- Advances in security technology are constantly evaluated to ensure that we provide the right protection for you.
Protecting Your Child's Privacy
The online financial services offered through Unitus Community Credit Union’s website are not designed for or directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children online without express parental consent or notification. If we receive online information from any child we will only use the information to respond directly to a child’s request. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and online privacy is important and that responsibility rests with us and with parents. If you believe your child has provided personally identifiable information to us, please contact us so we can allow you the opportunity to review and delete such information.