Congratulations to our 2016 Scholarship Award Recipients!
Unitus is pleased to announce the recipients of our 2016 Scholarship Program. Each year, we award 11 scholarships to both graduating high school seniors, undergraduate, and graduate students within our membership that display academic excellence, financial need, and community involvement. The 2016 recipients are:
High School Seniors
- Joshua Snellgrove
- Tatum Garrison
- Gregory Wilson II
- Maya Aguilar
- Charlotte Newsom
- Kearsten Friedrich
- Jennifer Brockman
- Rosalyn Gasbarro
- Kendra Pittman Quiroz
- Miriam Saucedo
Overall Community Involvement
- Yesenia Higuera
We would like to thank all of this year’s applicants and wish you much success in your future endeavors!
About Unitus Scholarships
To help members pursue additional education, Unitus Community Credit Union offers scholarships to both graduating high school seniors and adult students seeking college education. Each scholarship is a one-time gift of $1,000 between these four categories:
- Graduating High School Seniors – Four scholarships (two academic and two need-based)
- Undergraduate Students – Four scholarships (two academic and two need-based)
- Graduate Students – Two scholarships (one academic and one need-based)
- Overall Community Involvement – One scholarship based on outstanding community service and volunteerism
- Student applicant must be a primary member (first person named on account) of Unitus Community Credit Union for at least one year prior to application deadline. Accounts must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time student (12 credits or more per semester/quarter) at an accredited institution (community college, 4-year college, university, or technical/vocational school) for the upcoming academic year. Special consideration will be made for graduate students enrolled in a program of half-time study.
- Applicant should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Previous recipients may not apply for additional scholarships.
The 2016 deadline has passed. 2017-18 online scholarship application will be available mid-January.
Don’t have an account with Unitus Community Credit Union? It’s easy to sign up – just click here.