The deadline for the 2016 Scholarship has passed. 2016 scholarship winners will be notified by June 30; unselected applicants will be notified no later Than August 15, 2016.
Please check back to view our 2016 winners.
To help members pursue additional education, Unitus Community Credit Union offers scholarships to both graduating high school seniors and adult students seeking college education. Each scholarship is a one-time gift of $1,000 between these four categories:
- Graduating High School Seniors – Four scholarships (two academic and two need-based)
- Undergraduate Students – Four scholarships (two academic and two need-based)
- Graduate Students – Two scholarships (one academic and one need-based)
- Overall Community Involvement – One scholarship based on outstanding community service and volunteerism
- Student applicant must be a primary member (first person named on account) of Unitus Community Credit Union for at least one year prior to application deadline. Accounts must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time student (12 credits or more per semester/quarter) at an accredited institution (community college, 4-year college, university, or technical/vocational school) for the upcoming academic year. Special consideration will be made for graduate students enrolled in a program of half-time study.
- Applicant should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students may reapply each year.
- Previous recipients may not apply for additional scholarships.
All entries must be received by April 30. To be considered complete, your application must include the following:
- All information must be accurate, complete and verification statement must be accepted and signed.
- A personal essay, not to exceed 750 words, describing what person or life experience was most influential in your decision to attend college.
- Official academic transcripts (no photocopies) for all schools attended showing the total cumulative GPA. Transcripts must be received by mail or dropped off at any Unitus branch location by the application deadline.
- Include a copy of FAFSA on the Web confirmation page showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) to be considered for the need-based scholarships.
- Letters of recommendation from professional references are encouraged
- Applicant is responsible to turn in the application and supporting documents by the deadline, April 30.
Please check back in January for information about the 2017 scholarships.
Don’t have an account with Unitus Community Credit Union? It’s easy to sign up – just click here.