Security and Passwords
To reset your password, visit the New User or Forgot Password page. You can find a link to this page beneath the login button in the uOnline login box. Enter your account number and follow the steps to receive a temporary password via email. This temporary password is good for 24 hours. You will be prompted to change your password after you have logged in with your temporary password.
For enhanced security, existing uOnline users are now encouraged to sign in with a user ID rather than their member account number.
User ID Setup Process
New uOnline users will set up their user IDs during the temporary password process, right before entering their permanent password. While using your account number instead of a User ID is currently possible, we strongly recommend you use a different User ID to keep your account number safe and secure.
Current uOnline users will be able to set up the account’s user ID by logging into uOnline and clicking the ‘Settings’ button located at the top-center of the menu bar on the uOnline home screen. The new displayed screen will have a ‘Set uOnline User ID’ link.
User ID Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Maximum of 15 characters
- Cannot contain the member’s name, date of birth, social security number, or address
- Cannot contain special characters
Notes about your User ID:
- While Unitus doesn’t require you to have at least one number or at least one letter, it is highly recommended for security purposes.
- User IDs are not case-sensitive
- There is only one user ID per account
- While using your account number instead of a User ID is currently possible, we strongly recommend you use a different User ID to keep your account number safe and secure.
Similar to the ‘Set uOnline Password’ process, the member must know their current user ID in order to change the user ID. To change it, the member will log into uOnline and click the ‘Settings’ button. The new displayed screen will have a ‘Change User ID’ link.
If the member cannot remember the current user ID, there is a new ‘Forgot Your User ID’ link. This link will email the user ID to the first-listed email address in the account record. If the member cannot access their email, they can continue to log into uOnline with their account number.
If there is no email address on file, the member will be asked to contact Unitus and provide their email address for the account record.
Our members have shared their feedback about the importance of their online banking safety, in response we’ve provided these additional layers of online banking security to uOnline:
- Similar to the existing Second Factor challenge questions members sometimes see when logging into uOnline, there may now be additional occasions when you will be presented with a challenge question, such as when you are changing your email address, setting up an initial ACH transfer or adding a new payee in your bill pay system.
- You can view and change your online banking security questions anytime by clicking the ‘Settings’ button located at the top-center of the menu bar on the uOnline home screen. Under the column ‘Settings’ select ‘Security Questions and Answers’.
- If you would prefer not to use the security question format to authenticate yourself when challenged, we have now added two new challenge options for you to choose from. You can either have a code sent to your email address on file or texted to your mobile phone. To register for texting, in the uOnline menu bar, hover over ‘Services’ and then select ‘uText’.
We are suggesting that our members review their uOnline passwords to assure they are strong and are different from passwords used on other sites. It is a good idea to change passwords on a regular basis.
A helpful rule of thumb to use in creating strong passwords is to have at least 8 characters and use all 4 character groups:
- Lower case letters
- Upper case letters
- Special characters
You can change your password anytime by clicking the ‘Settings’ button located at the top-center of the menu bar on the uOnline home screen.