Unitus Switch Kit
Follow the instructions below, and we’ll help you easily move your checking account, automatic deposits, and other payments from another institution over to Unitus. If you have any questions contact us or make an appointment with our Virtual Branch. You can also visit your local branch.
Step 1: Become a Member of Unitus
- If you’re not yet a Unitus member, join online and open a checking account.
- If you’re already a member, open a checking account online. Simply log in to uOnline to open additional accounts by clicking the “Login to uOnline” button, located in the top right hand corner of this page.
Step 2: Make an Opening Deposit
- Complete the online membership or checking account application and make your opening deposit. You can transfer the funds from another Unitus account or financial institution, fund your account with a credit card or mail us a check to fund your account.
Step 3: Close Your Previous Account
- Close your previous account(s): If you would like Unitus to take care of this for you, complete the Authorization to Close Account form(s). Mail or deliver the completed form to Unitus and we’ll take care of the transition from your previous financial institution(s).
- Set-up Direct Deposit for your new account: Switching your direct deposit(s) is easy when you use our ACH Format Letter. To obtain a copy of this letter please contact a Unitus Member Advocate via phone, in a branch, or through uOnline secure messaging. Learn more about setting up Direct Deposit for other types of checks.
- Sign up for our free Online Bill Pay service. Easily pay your bills online from your new account.
- Transfer automatic payments to come out of your new account: Use an Automatic Payment Change form for each of your existing automatic payments. Mail or deliver the completed forms to Unitus and we’ll make the necessary arrangements with the payees.
Download the Switch Kit