Investing in Our Future
Unitus 2017 Scholarship Program Overview
To help members pursue additional education, Unitus offers scholarships to both graduating high school seniors and adult students seeking college education. Each scholarship is a one-time gift of $1,000 between these four categories:
- Graduating High School Seniors — Four scholarships (two academic and two need–based)
- Undergraduate Students — Four scholarships (two academic and two need–based)
- Graduate Students — Two scholarships (one academic and one need-based)
- Overall Community Involvement — One scholarship based on outstanding community service and volunteerism
- January 25, 2017 — Application available online and in branches
- April 30, 2017 — Application deadline
- June 30, 2017 — Recipients notified by this date
- August 1, 2017 — Scholasrhip award checks mailed to the colleges
- Student applicant must be a primary member (first person named on account) of Unitus for at least one year prior to application deadline.
- Accounts must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time student (12 credits or more per semester/quarter) at an accredited institution (community college, 4–year college, university, or technical/vocational school) for the upcoming academic year. Special consideration will be made for graduate students enrolled in a program of half–time study.
- Applicant should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete the application and essay question.
- Obtain a copy of your most recent official (no photocopies) school transcripts* showing the total cumulative GPA.
- Include a copy of FASFA on the Web confirmation page showing your Expected Contribution (EFC) to be considered for the need-based scholarships.
*Official school transcript(s) can be received separately from the application. We suggest contacting your schools individually to determine how they send transcripts. Often times they are backlogged due to several requests so we suggest contacting them early so they can be mailed by the application deadline.
Application and supporting documents must be received or postmarked by April 30, 2017.
Unitus Community Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1937
Portland, OR 97207–1937
Please contact Aimee Berg, Community Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.423.8346.
Visit News and Events for the latest stories and upcoming community events.