Make the Switch to Unitus Today! Get Started With Our Easy-to-Use uSwitch Kit.
Use the instructions and forms provided here to move your checking account, including automatic deposits and payments, from another financial institution to Unitus.
Call us if you need help! Download the uSwitch Kit Now (PDF) and you'll be on your way.
Step 1: Open a Unitus checking account
- If you are not a Unitus member, use our online Membership Application to join. This application includes a section for opening a checking account.
- If you are already a Unitus member, use our online Checking Application.
Step 2: Make an opening deposit or transfer to your new account
- Use the sections provided in the online Membership Application or Checking Application, or use the “Opening Deposit or Transfer” form in the kit.
- You MUST use the “Opening Deposit or Transfer” form AND the “Funds Transfer Authorization” form if you are transferring funds from another financial institution for your opening deposit.
- If you are transferring from another Unitus account, you can find its Share ID number on your monthly statement.
- Mail or deliver the completed form to Unitus.
Step 3: Close your previous checking account & transfer its balance to your new account
- Use the “Funds Transfer Authorization” form.
- Mail or deliver the completed form to Unitus. We will make the necessary arrangements with your previous financial institution.
Step 4: Start Direct Deposit to your new account
- To automatically deposit your paycheck to your new account, use the “Direct Deposit Authorization” form. Mail or deliver the completed form to Unitus. We will make the necessary arrangements with your employer. (Note: Direct Deposit is supported by most but not all employers.)
- To automatically deposit your Social Security check to your new account, go to http://www.socialsecurity.gov/deposit/
- To automatically deposit your retirement check or other regular income to your new Unitus account, contact your retirement plan administrator or appropriate check issuer.
Step 5: Change automatic payments made from your previous checking account, so that they will now come from your new Unitus checking account
- Use the “Automatic Payment Change” form to notify a business or other payee that automatic payments they receive from you should come from your new Unitus checking account. (Examples: utilities, insurance companies, health clubs, etc.)
- Print as many forms as you need.
- Be sure to provide an effective date, where indicated on the form, for the payment change.
- IMPORTANT: Separately notify your previous financial institution that you are ending all automatic payments from the account you have with them, and tell them the effective date.
- Mail or deliver the completed form to Unitus. We will make the necessary arrangements with the business or other payee.
Step 6: Request information about other Unitus services
- Check the services of interest to you on the “Request for Information” form, and and mail or deliver it to Unitus.
- You can also learn more about Unitus services on our web site.
- To find out which Unitus services best fit your current needs, contact a Member Service Representative by phone or at any branch. There is never a hard sell at Unitus, only a sincere desire to help you get the most out of your membership!