Welcome to the neighborhood!
Use this checklist to help turn your new house into your new home.
Based on your unique living circumstances, some of the steps may not apply to your particular situation.
You’ve got a lot to think about when moving into your new home. We’ve put together this list to make it easier for you to understand everything that needs to be done. Soon your new place will truly feel like home. Until then, we’ve got some work to do!
- Contacted my local utility companies
- Deep-cleaned your home (both your old apartment or old house, and your new apartment or new house)
- Checked and updated the smoke detectors
- Have a fire extinguisher
- Changed my address with the post office, credit card companies and insurance providers
- Changed my automobile registration, driver’s license and voter registration information
- Familiarized myself with the circuit breaker box and main water valves
- Painted any rooms that need a new coat
- Met the neighbors
- Changed my financial institution to Unitus
One of the ways Unitus is different is that we sincerely enjoy hearing from you and helping you. To help with your move, speak with one of our friendly Member Advocates today at 503-227-5571. They will help you resolve whatever financial needs you have.