SnapCheck Mobile Deposit
- Log in to the Unitus app on your mobile device
- Tap “SnapCheck” in the main menu
- Tap “Deposit” on the popup
- Tap “Deposit To:” and select the account into which funds should be deposited
- Enter the total value of your check
- Make sure your check is endorsed
- Tap Front “Capture Check Image”
- Place the check on a well-lit, dark-colored surface
- Center the check in the viewfinder’s green rectangle
- Tap the screen to capture the image
- Do not use your device’s camera button. Use the camera icon on the SnapCheck screen
- Tap Back “Capture Check Image” and repeat the steps you used to capture the front of the check
- Once a mobile deposit has been captured, the app will indicate whether your deposit has been accepted or held for review.*
- If the app indicates that your deposit has been accepted, you’re all done! After you complete a SnapCheck deposit, keep the check for reference for at least 30 days. Note the date of the deposit and that it was deposited via SnapCheck.
- If the app indicates that your deposit has been held for review, you will receive an email by the end of the business day** indicating that the deposit was successful or that further action is required. After you complete a SnapCheck deposit, keep the check for reference for at least 30 days. Note the date of the deposit and that it was deposited via SnapCheck.
- If you receive further instructions, follow them as appropriate to complete your deposit.
*The first few deposits made using the SnapCheck service are automatically held for review.
**Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Pacific), except federal holidays
Getting started with Unitus mobile deposit is easy. SnapCheck is available via the Unitus mobile apps for iOS and Android. If you already have the uOnline mobile banking app, just sign in and tap the SnapCheck button to get started. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, navigate to the App Store on iOS or Google Play on Android, and download the app.
SnapCheck has been very convenient for our members, and we want to help you make your mobile checks quickly and easily. Here are some quick tips and tricks to make sure your deposits are done in a snap!
Make sure you endorse the back of your SnapCheck checks. Digital deposits must be signed before acceptance.
- Deposit “Accepted” vs. “Held for Review”
Watch for the message at the end of your SnapCheck session to see if your check was immediately accepted or held for review. SnapCheck uses sensitive image recognition software, and anytime it detects the slightest irregularity, it sends the image to be reviewed by a Unitus employee.
- Deposit Verification
If your deposit is immediately accepted, your balance will update within minutes. If it is held for review, Unitus will verify the image and notify you by email within one business day whether the deposit has been accepted or whether the deposit should be resubmitted. If you wish to check your new balance via the Unitus mobile app, log out and log back into your account.
- Contact Email
Notifications are sent to the prime email address for your account. Please make sure we have up-to-date contact info so we can communicate.
- File Your Checks
When you’ve made a deposit via SnapCheck, file the check for 30 days for record-keeping purposes, and then you may shred it. To keep your records in order, we suggest writing the reference number on the item once you complete your SnapCheck session.
Remember, SnapCheck is a free service for members with eStatements, or $2.00/month for those without. Keep snapping those checks, and save yourself the time and hassle of making a special trip to the branch!
The SnapCheck service is free for members who are enrolled in eStatements. For members without eStatements, $2.00 will be deducted from either your designated checking or savings account each month. See our fee schedule for details. Access to this service is subject to credit union approval. SnapCheck End User License (.PDF)
Our policy is to make funds from your check deposits available to you on the business day that we receive your deposit. Check holds are placed on a case-by-case basis. The first few deposits made using SnapCheck are automatically held for review.
If a hold is necessary, funds will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit. The first $200 of your deposit, however, may be available on the first business day.
Funds from any deposit (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we do not own or operate may not be available until the fifth business day after the day of your deposit.
After you complete a SnapCheck deposit, keep the check for reference for at least 30 days. Note the date of the deposit and that it was deposited via SnapCheck.
System requirements for SnapCheck are:
The App Store (iOS):
- iOS version 8 or greater
- iPhone 4s or newer
- iPod Touch 4th generation or newer
- iPad 2 or newer and iPad mini
Google Play (Android):
- Android 4 OS
- Android tablets
- No “Small Screen” support (all but ‘QVGA’ 240w x 320h are supported)
Contact us by phone
Main Phone Number
M-F 7:30a to 6:00p, Sat 7:30a to 4:00p
Contact us by email
Please note that when you’re sending us an email, do not include personal information such as your account number or social security number.