Update: Effective July 2018, federal regulations require a minor change in how you deposit checks through SnapCheck. See #2 below for more information.
SnapCheck was made to help you make your mobile checks quickly and easily. Here are some quick tips and tricks to make sure your deposits are done in a snap!
Make sure you endorse the back of your SnapCheck checks. Digital deposits must be signed before acceptance.
- “For mobile deposit only”
Make sure you write “For mobile deposit only” in the endorsement area of your check. Due to an amendment to “Regulation CC” passed by the Federal Reserve, all checks deposited through SnapCheck must contain this phrase or they may be rejected. The measure is intended to protect users from mobile check fraud.
- Deposit “Accepted” vs. “Held for Review”
Watch for the message at the end of your SnapCheck session to see if your check was immediately accepted or held for review. SnapCheck uses sensitive image recognition software, and anytime it detects the slightest irregularity, it sends the image to be reviewed by a Unitus employee.
- Deposit Verification
If your deposit is immediately accepted, your balance will update within minutes. If it is held for review, Unitus will verify the image and notify you by email within one business day whether the deposit has been accepted or whether the deposit should be resubmitted. If you wish to check your new balance via the Unitus mobile app, log out and log back into your account.
- Contact Email
Notifications are sent to the prime email address for your account. Please make sure we have up-to-date contact info so we can communicate.
- File Your Checks
When you’ve made a deposit via SnapCheck, file the check for 30 days for record-keeping purposes, and then you may shred it. To keep your records in order, we suggest writing the reference number on the item once you complete your SnapCheck session.
Remember, SnapCheck is a free service for members with eStatements, or $2.00/month for those without. Keep snapping those checks, and save yourself the time and hassle of making a special trip to the branch!
Our routing number is 323075699.
You can find the correctly formatted account number on the bottom of one of your Unitus checks. The first group of numbers on the left is the Unitus routing number. The next group of numbers is your account number.
For direct deposit, you’ll need a 14-digit number. To convert your Unitus checking account number into a correctly formatted 14-digit number, add “1” to the beginning, then add zeros between the “1” and your account number, as needed, to reach 14 digits. Here is an example:
Example account number: 199240616
This account number is 9 digits long, so we’ll add 1 plus four zeros to the front of the number to reach 14 digits: 10000199240616
If you have questions, visit a branch or call our contact center at 503.227.5571 or 1.800.452.0900 to obtain the correctly formatted account number for direct deposit.
To ensure your payment is sent correctly, please provide Unitus with the most up-to-date information according to your most recent bill statement. When entering the payee’s information, keep in mind that each entry box is important.
- Payee Name: Refers to the payee’s business name. For example, AT&T, PGE, Waste Management, etc.
- Payee Nickname: Refers to what you choose to label this payee. This is especially helpful if there is more than one account held with a particular payee. You might label this payment “John’s Cell Phone” and another AT&T payment as “Marcia’s Cell Phone”, as the payments are going to the same payee, but the account numbers are different.
- Name on Account: Allows the merchant to post your payment correctly. If you’re sending a payment to AT&T for John’s cell phone payment, the Name on Account would be John’s full name for easy reference, such as “John Doe”.
Simply put the Unitus ACH routing number and your ACH formatted account number on the authorization form provided to you by your employer or check issuer.Get more information about direct deposit
To reset your password, visit the New User or Forgot Password page. You can find a link to this page beneath the login button in the uOnline login box. Enter your account number and follow the steps to receive a temporary password via email. This temporary password is good for 24 hours. You will be prompted to change your password after you have logged in with your temporary password.
- Log in to the Unitus app on your mobile device
- Tap “SnapCheck” in the main menu
- Tap “Deposit” on the popup
- Tap “Deposit To:” and select the account into which funds should be deposited
- Enter the total value of your check
- Make sure your check is endorsed and you have written the phrase “For mobile deposit only” in the endorsement area
- Tap Front “Capture Check Image”
- Place the check on a well-lit, dark-colored surface
- Center the check in the viewfinder’s green rectangle
- Tap the screen to capture the image
- Do not use your device’s camera button. Use the camera icon on the SnapCheck screen
- Tap Back “Capture Check Image” and repeat the steps you used to capture the front of the check
- Once a mobile deposit has been captured, the app will indicate whether your deposit has been accepted or held for review.*
- If the app indicates that your deposit has been accepted, you’re all done! After you complete a SnapCheck deposit, keep the check for reference for at least 30 days. Note the date of the deposit and that it was deposited via SnapCheck.
- If the app indicates that your deposit has been held for review, you will receive an email by the end of the business day** indicating that the deposit was successful or that further action is required. After you complete a SnapCheck deposit, keep the check for reference for at least 30 days. Note the date of the deposit and that it was deposited via SnapCheck.
- If you receive further instructions, follow them as appropriate to complete your deposit.
*The first few deposits made using the SnapCheck service are automatically held for review.
**Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Pacific), except federal holidays
First, log into uOnline.Once you’ve logged in, hover over ‘Transfers & Bill Pay’ and select ‘Bill Pay’ from the drop-down.
Getting started with Unitus mobile deposit is easy. SnapCheck is available via the Unitus mobile apps for iOS and Android. If you already have the uOnline mobile banking app, just sign in and tap the SnapCheck button to get started. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, navigate to the App Store on iOS or Google Play on Android, and download the app.
For enhanced security, existing uOnline users are now encouraged to sign in with a user ID rather than their member account number.
User ID Setup Process
New uOnline users will set up their user IDs during the temporary password process, right before entering their permanent password. While using your account number instead of a User ID is currently possible, we strongly recommend you use a different User ID to keep your account number safe and secure.
Current uOnline users will be able to set up the account’s user ID by logging into uOnline and clicking the ‘Settings’ button located at the top-center of the menu bar on the uOnline home screen. The new displayed screen will have a ‘Set uOnline User ID’ link.
User ID Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Maximum of 15 characters
- Cannot contain the member’s name, date of birth, social security number, or address
- Cannot contain special characters
Notes about your User ID:
- While Unitus doesn’t require you to have at least one number or at least one letter, it is highly recommended for security purposes.
- User IDs are not case-sensitive
- There is only one user ID per account
- While using your account number instead of a User ID is currently possible, we strongly recommend you use a different User ID to keep your account number safe and secure.
The SnapCheck service is free for members who are enrolled in eStatements. For members without eStatements, $2.00 will be deducted from either your designated checking or savings account each month. See our fee schedule for details. Access to this service is subject to credit union approval. SnapCheck End User License (.PDF)
Instructions for loading the free Unitus uOnline mobile app on your Apple iPad®, iPhone® or iPod Touch®:
Go to the App Store on your iOS device
- Select Search
- Type ‘Unitus’ in the window at top of screen and select Search
- Select the FREE Unitus app from the list
- Select INSTALL or GET
- Enter your iTunes Password when prompted and select OK
- App icon will appear on your iOS device: under the icon it will say ‘Waiting’, and then ‘Loading’
- Once complete the App is ready to use
- Launch Unitus mobile banking app
- Once you’ve made a selection from the menu you’ll be prompted for your account number and password. Enter the same account number and password you use to access your account in Unitus uOnline Banking on your desktop computer.
(Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.)
Instructions for loading the free Unitus uOnline mobile app on your Android:
- Go to the Google Play on your Android phone
- Select INSTALL to download app to phone
- Once complete the app is ready to use
- Launch Unitus’ Android app
- Once you’ve made a selection from the menu you’ll be prompted for your account number and password. Enter the same account number and password you use to access your account in Unitus uOnline Home Banking.
*Android version 4.0 or higher is required for using the Android App.
Our policy is to make funds from your check deposits available to you on the business day that we receive your deposit. Check holds are placed on a case-by-case basis. The first few deposits made using SnapCheck are automatically held for review.
If a hold is necessary, funds will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit. The first $200 of your deposit, however, may be available on the first business day.
Funds from any deposit (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we do not own or operate may not be available until the fifth business day after the day of your deposit.
With your Unitus account and uOnline, you can:
- Check your Unitus account balances hourly, daily or weekly-your account information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Quick History. See recent activity on your account upon login
- Intuitive Settings. Manage your accounts and settings with ease
- Multi-Account Access. A better way to link and transfer between accounts for family members
- Receive dividend or interest information on your account
- Import account history to Quicken
- Access each of your loan accounts
- Access enhanced account details showing:
- Dividend/Interest rate
- Dividends/Interest earned YTD
- Overdraft source
- Sign up for eStatements and view or print statements up to eighteen months old
Online Bill Pay
- Sign up for free online Bill Pay and pay all your bills online. Online Bill Pay is free to all members.
- Schedule recurring payments
- Copy a Previous Payment to quickly repeat a payment to the same payee
- Payee History. Access individual vendors’ histories to know exactly when you’ve made payments
- Categorize Payees. Sort and view payees by status, name, or category
- Not sure about a check you’ve written? Retrieve images of the checks through uOnline
- Place a stop payment on a check quickly and easily
- Too busy to stop by one of our branches? Request a check withdrawal.
- Order more checks
- Schedule recurring and future transfers from one account to another
- Easily transfer money to and from other financial institutions.
Get account alerts
- Receive email notification to up to five valid email addresses or devices capable of receiving email. Select from:
- Account balance
- Account Summary
- Any Deposit
- Check Card Transaction
- Check Cleared
- Credit Card
- Electronic Deposit
- Large Withdrawal
- Loan Balance
- Loan Payment Due
- Stop Payment Expiring
- Communicate securely with Unitus about confidential account information without the risk of sending private information via email.
- Provides an email notification to the email address on file for each successful login
Open New Accounts Online
- Open certain types of Shares online
Once you have set up payees, click on the ‘Make Payments’ link from the Bill Pay sub-menu. To make a one-time payment, click on the ‘Payments’ tab. To make a recurring payment, select the ‘Recurring Payment’ tab. Bills can be paid from your Unitus checking account. You can schedule funds to be withdrawn the same day or up to a year in advance.
After you complete a SnapCheck deposit, keep the check for reference for at least 30 days. Note the date of the deposit and that it was deposited via SnapCheck.
You can make Bill Pay payments using a Unitus checking account. You will also need internet access and a browser that meets our minimum requirements, however we recommend you upgrade to the newest version available. Acceptable browsers include: Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 3.0, or Safari 4.0 or higher.
System requirements for SnapCheck are:
The App Store (iOS):
- iOS version 8 or greater
- iPhone 4s or newer
- iPod Touch 4th generation or newer
- iPad 2 or newer and iPad mini
Google Play (Android):
- Android 4 OS
- Android tablets
- No “Small Screen” support (all but ‘QVGA’ 240w x 320h are supported)
Bill Pay allows you to pay bills or make other payments from your Unitus checking account using the internet. Payments can be scheduled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from anywhere you have internet access.
To start receiving eStatements today, login to uOnline and select ‘eStatements’ from the ‘Account Information’ menu.
Similar to the ‘Set uOnline Password’ process, the member must know their current user ID in order to change the user ID. To change it, the member will log into uOnline and click the ‘Settings’ button. The new displayed screen will have a ‘Change User ID’ link.
If the member cannot remember the current user ID, there is a new ‘Forgot Your User ID’ link. This link will email the user ID to the first-listed email address in the account record. If the member cannot access their email, they can continue to log into uOnline with their account number.
If there is no email address on file, the member will be asked to contact Unitus and provide their email address for the account record.
You can cancel any payment prior to the funds being withdrawn from your account by clicking on ‘Pending’ in the ‘Bill Pay’ sub-menu. On the ‘Pending Payments’ screen, click the blue gear next to the payment you wish to stop and choose ‘Cancel Payment’. Once the funds have been withdrawn from your account, payments that are processed electronically cannot be stopped. Payments that are processed by check may be stopped as long as the check has not cleared, although Unitus cannot guarantee that a stop payment will be successful.
To check the status of a check payment, click on the ‘History’ link in the ‘Bill Pay’ sub-menu, and then select the ‘Payment History’ tab. The ‘Date Cleared’ column will display the date the payment cleared. To place a stop payment on a Bill Pay check that has withdrawn from your account but not cleared, please call us at (503) 227-5571, or toll-free (800) 452-0900, option 1, to speak with a Member Service Representative to have the stop payment processed immediately. There is a $26.00 stop payment request fee.
You must add at least one payee before you can schedule payments. To add a payee, hover over ‘Transfer & Bill Pay’ on the uOnline menu bar, hover over ‘Bill Pay’ and then select ‘Manage Payees’. When setting up your new payee, use information from your most recent bill to avoid processing delays. Delays are often caused by an old or incorrect account number or an incorrect mailing address. Once you’ve added the payees you need, click on the ‘Make Payment’ under the ‘Bill Pay’ sub-menu to schedule payments.
You are eligible for this service if you maintain the following accounts/services at Unitus:
- Unitus Checking Account;
- eStatements; and
- A credit card, vehicle loan, personal loan, Equity Line Plus, or mortgage loan
Unitus recommends that you schedule your payments a minimum of five (5) business days before the due date for check payments and two (2) days for electronic payments. Depending on the payee, payments may be sent electronically or via U.S. Mail, but even electronic payments need at least two (2) business days to be processed. Payments requiring a coupon or payment stub may take longer to process by the payee.
You can access the service 24 hours a day at 503.227.7315 or 1.800.422.3132.
You will need your account number and access code. If you do not have an access code, please call us at 503.227.5571 or 1.800.452.0900, option 1.
Accessing Unitus Mobile Banking uText for mobile phones requires a data plan. Here are the steps for logging in:
- Log into your uOnline account, hover over ‘Services’ and then select ‘uText’.
- Enter your ten-digit mobile phone number (you can register multiple devices)*.
- You will receive an activation code via text message that must be entered into the uOnline uText screen.
- You can use the text phrase UNI COM to code 90703 to get the list of available commands.
*Unitus does not charge a fee for members to use uText; however standard text charges may apply from your wireless carrier.
- Free to members
- Can’t be lost or stolen
- Stored on secure servers
- Access to 18 months of statements
- Receive email reminders when your eStatement is available
- Paperless…good for the environment
- Having eStatements helps qualifies you for free access to your FICO® Score.
Yes, once a check payment has cleared, an image of the check will be available within your Bill Pay history. You can view and print a copy of the cleared check by selecting the ‘History’ link in the Bill Pay sub-menu, locating the transaction, and clicking on the check number.
Your account is debited at approximately 8:30 p.m. on the scheduled withdrawal date, Sunday through Friday. Payments are processed and sent to the payee the following morning, meaning that payments are sent Monday through Saturday. Payments are not sent on Sundays or the day before a federal holiday.
Simply click on the ‘Your FICO® Score’ link in uOnline and then read and agree to the Opt-In terms and conditions.
If you are eligible, this access is provided at no additional cost.* Scores are updated monthly, and you can see up to six months of history.
To add one or more of the above products or services to your account, please login to uOnline or call us at 503.227.5571 or 1.800.452.0900.
FICO® Scores are available for the primary account holder only and are only available on consumer accounts. and accounts held in a trust do not qualify for the Program.
*Your FICO® Score from Equifax is provided at no additional cost to you based on account eligibility. When Unitus requests your FICO® Score, a soft-inquiry will be posted on your credit file; the inquiry does not impact your FICO® Score. Obtaining a FICO® Score on a different date, from a different consumer reporting agency, or using a different scoring model might result in a different score. Additionally, the Program Information provided to you does not constitute a credit score disclosure that you are entitled to request from the nationwide consumer reporting agencies for a fee pursuant to Section 609(f) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Once eligible, you must continue to meet Unitus’ eligibility requirements in order to access your FICO® Score in uOnline. You have the right to withdraw or “opt-out” of the program at any time by simply contacting Unitus at 503.227.5571 or toll-free at 1.800.452.0900. Equifax is a registered trademark of Equifax Inc. FICO® is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac.
To view pending payments, click on the ‘Pending’ link in the Bill Pay sub-menu. To view payment history (payments that have been paid), click the ‘History’ link in the Bill Pay sub-menu. The ‘Payment History’ tab contains payment history for bills that you have paid (from within the last 30 days by default, but you can select a longer or shorter period). Click on the ‘Detailed Search’ tab for more detailed payment history. You can search by payee name, amount, or date range.
Alternatively, when scheduling one-time or recurring payments, click on the ‘View Payment History’ link to view payment history for that payee.
No. Currently, all uOnline functions, including Bill Pay, can only be accessed via Unitus’ web site.
A FICO® score is a particular brand of credit score. A credit score is a number that is used to predict how likely you are to pay back a loan on time. Credit scores are used by companies to make decisions such as whether to offer you a mortgage or a credit card. They are also used to determine the interest rate you receive on a loan or credit card, and the credit limit.
FICO scores range from 300-850. Usually a higher score makes it easier to qualify for a loan and may result in a better interest rate. Like all credit scores, FICO scores can change over time according to your credit behavior.
Expert mode is for advanced users of Telephone Express Teller. The Menu Mode allows you to make a selection from the choices you hear at each step. In the Expert Mode, you enter a 1 or 2-digit service code for what you want. You can easily switch between these modes at any time. A list of the codes for the Expert Mode is available here. These will help you successfully navigate the Telephone Express Teller menus.
It’s easy. Log into uOnline and hover over ‘Transfers & Bill Pay’. Then select ‘Bill Pay’ from the drop-down. The first time you click on the link, an enrollment screen will be displayed. Read the disclosure displayed, check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, and you can begin adding payees and sending payments immediately.
Our members have shared their feedback about the importance of their online banking safety, in response we’ve provided these additional layers of online banking security to uOnline:
- Similar to the existing Second Factor challenge questions members sometimes see when logging into uOnline, there may now be additional occasions when you will be presented with a challenge question, such as when you are changing your email address, setting up an initial ACH transfer or adding a new payee in your bill pay system.
- You can view and change your online banking security questions anytime by clicking the ‘Settings’ button located at the top-center of the menu bar on the uOnline home screen. Under the column ‘Settings’ select ‘Security Questions and Answers’.
- If you would prefer not to use the security question format to authenticate yourself when challenged, we have now added two new challenge options for you to choose from. You can either have a code sent to your email address on file or texted to your mobile phone. To register for texting, in the uOnline menu bar, hover over ‘Services’ and then select ‘uText’.
After your account has been debited, the method of payment is determined based on pre-set logic (payee name, account number, and address). The payment files are then processed via our third-party processing company the next morning. Your payment will be processed via paper check or electronically.
We are suggesting that our members review their uOnline passwords to assure they are strong and are different from passwords used on other sites. It is a good idea to change passwords on a regular basis.
A helpful rule of thumb to use in creating strong passwords is to have at least 8 characters and use all 4 character groups:
- Lower case letters
- Upper case letters
- Special characters
You can change your password anytime by clicking the ‘Settings’ button located at the top-center of the menu bar on the uOnline home screen.
In the ‘Bill Pay’ sub-menu, click on ‘Manage Payees’. Then click on the blue gear next to the payee’s name that you want to edit and select ‘Edit Payee’. The next page will allow you to make the necessary edits. Make sure your edits reflect the most current payee billing statement. Keep in mind that adding information that is not within the payee’s billing statement could change electronic payments to the paper check method.
Yes, you can add a memo on Bill Pay check payments only. Click on the ‘Make Payment’ link in the Bill Pay sub-menu. When scheduling a payment, a plus sign (+) will appear to the left of the payee name. By clicking on the plus sign, a memo field will be displayed. The text you enter within the field will be printed on the check payment. Please do not put information in this field that you do not wish for the payee to receive (e.g., Social Security Numbers or other personal, sensitive information).
Bill Pay is provided at no cost to members.
Click on ‘Manage Payees’ in the ‘Bill Pay’ sub-menu. The ‘Account Name’ column will display ‘C’ for check payments and ‘E’ for electronic payments.
Unitus requires Bill Pay payments to be withdrawn from a checking account.
Contact us by phone
Main Phone Number
M-F 7:30a to 6:00p, Sat 7:30a to 4:00p
Contact us by email
Please note that when you’re sending us an email, do not include personal information such as your account number or social security number.