Portland-Metro Credit Union Career Fair
Why Choose Working for a Credit Union?
Like most financial institutions, credit unions offer loans, checking and savings accounts, online banking, and other financial services that everyone needs. But as credit unions, we are structured differently than your ordinary bank.
Credit Unions are the only financial institutions that are not-for-profit cooperatives. We do not answer to Wall Street stockholders pushing to make big profits. Our main goal is to serve our members and to treat them with respect as a member of our cooperatives. Not only do credit unions hold a high regard for their members, but their employees as well.
As an employee of a credit union, you have a voice in your career development and leadership abilities. Another important cooperative principle is community impact. We want both our members and our employees to feel engaged and welcomed in a supportive environment. As credit unions, we intend to have a local mindset by investing in our surrounding communities.
Career Fair Details
Date: Friday, September 6
Time: 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Location: Unitus Plaza, 1300 SW 6th Ave. Portland, OR 97201
Food and Beverages: Provided with completed registration (while supplies last). Entrance into career fair is free.
Prizes: Complete a career fair passport and you could win a prize!*
Parking: Parking is not available at Unitus Plaza. Nearby street parking includes (daily rates apply):
- 930 SW Columbia St.
- 1100 SW 6th Ave.
- 1300 SW Park Ave.
- 222 SW Columbia St. (KOIN Center)
- 1027 SW Salmon St.
- 123 SW Jefferson St.
Our location is very convenient for the use of mass-transit. There are many bus and Max stops within a 1-block radius of Unitus Plaza. The street car is also in easy walking distance.
(Please RSVP to ensure that you will have a wristband providing you access to food and beverages.)
Explore opportunities in your area
Meet recruiters from as many as 9 credit unions and representatives from 2 non-profit affiliates. Hear their stories and experiences about working for local credit unions in the financial services industry.
Types of Jobs You Can Expect at a Credit Union
Areas of Focus:
- Credit cards
- Consumer loans: Auto, boat, RV, bicycle, Home Equity
- Mortgage loans: Home purchase loans
- Small business lending
- Review credit history and determine loan approval.
- Responsible for preparing documents for member signatures to close loans.
- Monitor payments and ensure compliance with regulatory rules.
Administration/Central Member Services
Areas of Focus:
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Risk Advisory/Compliance
- Centralized Member Support
- Work to maintain and advance technological infrastructure.
- Support hiring, training, compensation and benefits.
- Contribute to organization risk management and compliance.
- Accounting and finance.
- Service loan and savings accounts for new and existing members.
- Create marketing, brand advertising, and promotions for new or existing products and services.
- Process routine deposit and payment transactions.
- Assist members with signatures on loan documents.
- Cross-sell products and services to meet member needs.
- Develop and maintain member relationships.